.CA Registry Approves 2010-2011 Corporate Plan – The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) has posted its 2010-2011 Corporate Plan as approved by the CIRA Board on June 1. Among the major activities planned for the coming year are: rewriting the registry management system, hosting a Canadian Internet Governance Forum, and undertaking a Community Investment Program to support social and economic Internet-related activities in Canada.
ICANN Publishes Revised gTLD Draft Applicant Guidebook – ICANN has published the fourth version of the gTLD Draft Applicant Guidebook that describes the process of applying for new generic top-level domains. Included in the new content: incorporation of trademark protections, geographic TLD changes including a prohibition on country names as gTLDs, a new gTLD Registry transition process model, and a revised base registry agreement.
Picks To Click
- Thu, May 13 – Fri, Jun 11: applications to CIRA’s Nomination Committee solicited
- Tue, Jun 8 – Thu, Jun 10: T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Domain Conference and Expo in Vancouver
- Sun, Jun 20 – Fri, Jun 25: ICANN meetings in Brussels, Belgium
- Thu, Jul 1: registry fee increases for .com/.net take effect
- Thu, Jul 1: production signed root zone to be available
- Tue, Aug 3 – Mon, Aug 16: call for Member Nominees for CIRA Board election
- Thu, Aug 26 – Thu, Sep 9: shows of support for Member Nominees for CIRA election
- Tue, Sep 14 – Tue, Sep 21: online forum for CIRA Board of Directors election
- Tue, Sep 21: CIRA Annual General Meeting
- Wed, Sep 22 – Wed, Sep 29: CIRA Board of Directors election
- Sun, Dec 5 – Fri, Dec 10: ICANN meetings in Cartagena, Columbia