ICANN Meets This Week In Nairobi, Kenya – ICANN meetings in Nairobi, Kenya are taking place through Friday, March 12. Two of the main topics are: the status of the new gTLD process including the Expressions of Interest proposal, and consideration of the recent finding against ICANN concerning its 2007 rejection of the .XXX domain application. Remote participation services are available.
Picks To Click
- “Good Practices Guide for Deploying DNSSEC“, from the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA).
- FreemantleMedia North America Inc. wins a dispute over americanidol.ca.
- Mexico’s .mx domain has reached 400,000 domain registrations.
- Sun, Mar 7 – Fri, Mar 12: ICANN meetings in Nairobi, Kenya
- Mon, Mar 15 – last day for showusyour.ca contest entries
- Mon, Mar 29 – last day for comments on two ICANN DNS security proposals
- Fri, Apr 2: last day for applications to the ICANN Nominating Committee
- Fri, Apr 2: last day for comments on Introduction of IDN ccTLDs interim paper
- Sun, Jun 20 – Fri, Jun 25: ICANN meetings in Brussels, Belgium
- Thu, Jul 1: registry fee increases for .com/.net take effect