ICANN Meetings Conclude in Dakar –
Here are some highlights from the ICANN meetings recently concluded in Dakar,
- Some progress was made on a support program for deserving applicants who require financial, technical, or other assistance “to effectively participate in and benefit from the first round of the New gTLD Program”.
- An additional USD $900,000 was budgeted for the New gTLD Communications Plan.
- A review of ICANN’s Conflicts of Interest Policy and Board Code of Conduct is being undertaken, in order “to have strengthened rules and practices in place as ICANN embarks on the New gTLD Program.”
- Work is to commence immediately on proposed amendments to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement, in particular concerning Law Enforcement Agency and GNSO working group recommendations to provide greater protections for registrants and reduce abuses.
- ICANN’s CEO search committee is seeking community input on characteristics that the new CEO should have. The deadline for comments is November 15.
Picks To Click
- ICANN’s new gTLD site features an interactive demonstration of the TLD Application System (TAS).
- The website for the ICANN meetings in San Jose, Costa Rica on Mar. 11-16 is now available.