0 Flares 0 Flares ×
ICANN Posts Draft 2008-2009 Budget – ICANN has posted its draft operating plan and budget for 2008-2009. Total expenses are budgeted to be $US 58.5 million, a 37% increase over the current fiscal year’s budget of $42.6 million.
Picks To Click
- The Domain Game, a book by David Kesmodel.
- An article on domain entrepreneur Kevin Ham, from dnjournal.com.
- “Most Spam Sites Tied to a Handful of Registrars“, from washingtonpost.com.
- The .biz registry fee is not increasing this year, in contrast to some other gTLDs.
- DotAsia responds to allegations concerning .asia sunrise and landrush auctions.
- ICANN sends a notice of breach to ICANN-accredited registrar Red Register, Inc.
- A NIST algorithm checks for visual similarity of TLD names.
- Wed, May 21: last day for comments on GNSO anti-tasting motion
- Sat, May 24: last day for comments on DNSSEC proposal for .org
- Thu, May 29: last day for applications to CIRA’s Nomination Committee
- Sun, Jun 1: new .au transfers policy takes effect
- Tue, Jun 10: implementation date for new WHOIS policy for .ca
- Sun, Jun 22 – Thu, Jun 26: ICANN meetings in Paris, France
- Thu, Jul 17: last day for comments on proposed IDN plan for .nz
- Wed, Sep 10: CIRA Annual General Meeting in Vancouver
- Thu, Sep 18 – Thu, Sep 25: voting period for CIRA Board of Directors election
- Wed, Oct 1: .com and .net registry fees increase
- Sun, Nov 2 – Fri, Nov 7: ICANN meetings in Cairo, Egypt
- Sun, Nov 9: .org registry fees increase