One of the great things about the new domains is the variety now available to businesses online. For every industry, profession, interest and community, there’s a good chance that an extension is available for it.
So it was no surprise when three new domain extensions focused on the automobile industry launched a few weeks ago. Managed by the Cars Registry (a collaboration between XYZ and Uniregistry), the new .CARS, .CAR and .AUTO domain extensions are rolling into the market.
With a new dedicated namespace for all things related to cars, manufacturers, dealerships and service providers now have access to a three targeted extensions online. Creating a domain name under these extensions gives businesses the opportunity to find and use a short and meaningful domain name that speaks your brand online.
.CARS, .CAR and .AUTO domain name pioneers:
- Lucra.Cars – a speciality supercar manufacturer, Lucra rebranded from www.lucracars.com to www.lucra.cars.
- Kain.Auto – helping auto dealerships and manufacturers develop their online presence, the Kain Automotive group recently switch to Kain.Auto for their own online branding.
- MarketPunch.Auto – An automotive blog, MarketPunch moved to a .AUTO domain name to create a more meaningful and memorable domain name.
What can you do with a .CARS, .CAR or .AUTO domain name?
- Get in front of more customers with geographic domains like Vancouver.Auto, Toronto.Cars and Montreal.Car
- Use keyword-rich domains like Luxury.Cars, Hybrid.Cars and Super.Cars to reach a specific audience
- Create microsites for specific services by using a domains like BodyShop.Auto and Dealer.Auto
Important Launch Dates:
- Sunrise (trademark holders only): December 9, 2015 to January 12, 2015
- Early Access Phase: January 12, 206 to January 20, 2016
- General Availability: January 20, 2016
Ready to get started? Find a .CARS, .CAR and .AUTO domain name to drive your brand today.