Community Highlights Archives | Page 13 of 14 | Webnames Blog

Webnames.ca 2007 Year in Review

2007 was another amazing year at Webnames.ca. We had many milestones. We celebrated the 20th anniversary of the .CA domain extension which was founded by our own John Demco, we achieved three new service launches, grew our services, attained record breaking service standards achieved by our customer support department and still found time for much community involvement.  

Read more on Webnames.ca 2007 Year in Review…

We Provide Internet Customer Support & Info on Tire Changes

The other day a colleague in Webnames.ca Customer Support took a phone call from an individual enquiring about a tire change. After explaining that Webnames.ca was a domain registrar, the caller seemed confused and quickly ended the phone call. My colleague then related the story to the rest of the group.

Read more on We Provide Internet Customer Support & Info on Tire Changes…

The Moose Returns – Northern Voice Scheduled for February 2008

Northern Voice, Canada’s two-day, non-profit personal blogging and social media conference has been scheduled for Friday, February 22nd through Saturday, February 23rd , 2008. The fourth annual conference will held at UBC’s main campus (Forestry Sciences Centre, 2424 Main Mall) rather than the Robson Square campus of previous years to accommodate a greater number of attendees.

Read more on The Moose Returns – Northern Voice Scheduled for February 2008…

A Heart Warming Story About Excellent Customer Service

While reading Seth Godin’s blog, I came across one of the best examples of customer service that I have seen in awhile. Zappos is a US company, that sells shoes and handbags online. A customer had such an extraordinary experience with the company, she wrote about it on her blog, in an post titled “I Heart Zappos”.

Read more on A Heart Warming Story About Excellent Customer Service…

CIRA Members Vote Online Until September 13th

The CIRA Board Elections are upon us once again. Voting takes place online from 6:00 pm (18:00h) Ottawa time on September 6, 2007 to 6:00 pm (18:00h) Ottawa time on September 13, 2007. Final candidates and their statements are listed at https://elections.cira.ca/2007/finalslate/list/en. This year, it will be an extremely tight race so anyone who has completed their membership authentication process should make a special effort to vote. Here are some reasons why:  

Read more on CIRA Members Vote Online Until September 13th…

Supporting Women Entrepreneurs: FWE E-series Graduation

On June 18, 2007, I attended the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs 2007 E-Series Program Graduation. Premier Gordon Campbell, Rick Thorpe (Minister of Small Business & Revenue) and the Who’s Who of the local business community were in attendance to support and congratulate 13 women entrepreneurs who completed months of extensive training.

Read more on Supporting Women Entrepreneurs: FWE E-series Graduation…

Recent .CA Anniversary Media Coverage

As you know we are currently celebrating the 20th anniversary of the .CA – when the management of the .CA country code domain name was officially allocated to Webnames.ca founder and Canadian Internet Pioneer John Demco. The May 14, 2007 anniversary was an important day for Canada and an important story for the Canadian media. John being at the center of the story was interviewed by a number of media organizations about his contribution to Canada’s Internet history.

Read more on Recent .CA Anniversary Media Coverage…

2007 YWCA Vancouver Women of Distinction Awards Highlights

Earlier this week I had the privilege of attending the 24th Annual YWCA Women of Distinction Awards. I was nominated in the Entrepreneurship & Innovation category by the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs (FWE), and before I tell you whether or not I won, I want to say that it was an honour to be nominated, and to attend this inspiring event. Over 1000 people attended the gala at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver, including many of the local community’s top entrepreneurs, business leaders, media, educators, environmentalists and even David Suzuki, who was sitting at the next table supporting his wife, a nominee in the non-profit/public service category.

Read more on 2007 YWCA Vancouver Women of Distinction Awards Highlights…

This week only – First time customers to Webnames.ca save 50% off domains and services

To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of .CA, founded by our very own John Demco, Webnames.ca is running a great promotion until midnight on Sunday, May 20th 2007.

For one week only, first time customers to Webnames.ca SAVE 50% off posted prices at the time of check out. There is no better time to get everything you need to succeed online, including:

Read more on This week only – First time customers to Webnames.ca save 50% off domains and services…

Webnames.ca celebrates 20 years of the .CA domain, founded by our own John Demco

Today Canada celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the .CA domain, marking the official delegation of .CA to John Demco from Jon Postel of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). And as Canadians go about reading their daily paper online or checking their local weather or “Google” whatever it is they are looking for, they will likely be going to a .CA website.

Read more on Webnames.ca celebrates 20 years of the .CA domain, founded by our own John Demco…

Upcoming Event – Domain Roundtable Conference

Domain Roundtable Conference 

August 13-15th, Seattle, Washington

Domain Roundtable

Attention domainers and domain industry players: the third-annual Domain Roundtable Conference is scheduled for August just south of the border in Seattle, Washington. The conference will explore trends, opportunities and innovations in domain name investment, covering topics such as domain portfolio development, domain sales and acquisitions, monetization and bringing domain values to brand managers and developers in other industries. This year’s theme is “Domains Breaking into the Open Market of the Business Community” and while most sessions will cater to seasoned domain professionals, the conference will also introduce new domainers to key concepts for succeeding online.

Read more on Upcoming Event – Domain Roundtable Conference…

/* Adroll script */