The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) has again launched its award program celebrating .CA websites that benefit the lives of Canadians.
Launched January 9, 2012, the .CA Impact Awards recognizes “.CA websites that make a difference” across four categories:
1. Public Sector and Not-for-Profit – Acknowledging a government, NGO, or association whose website or application is making a difference in the lives of members, donors, and/or the public.
2. eLearning – Recognizing youth and educators who use their .CA website to share knowledge and promote education.
3. Small Business – Celebrating a company, with fewer than 100 employees, whose website or application has helped a business contribute to its community, foster sales or create jobs.
4. Applications (including gaming and mobile) – Honouring a company whose mobile website, application, or game has made a impact.
What can I win?
1. Visibility through the CIRA website and other CIRA communications. CIRA also announces your success to the news media and provide you with a coveted .CA Impact Awards badge which you will be allowed to post and display on your website.
3. An expenses paid trip to the mesh conference in May 2012
Key Competition Details
Deadline to Enter – March 23, 2012
Who Can Enter – The .CA Impact Awards program is open only to individuals and organizations that currently have a valid .CA domain name registered to them and who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence. [read the complete rules]
Click here for the judging criteria and to enter the competition.
Every day at Webnames.ca we interact with customers that meet the above criteria in spades with their websites, businesses and charitable endeavors. That’s why we’re excited to help raise awareness about the .CA Impact Awards. We would love to see one or more of our many deserving customers be recognized, so we’re encouraging you apply!
Help us spread the word! If you don’t meet the .CA Impact Award criteria outlined above, please pass it along to a friend, colleague or someone in your network who does. Let’s celebrate Canadians that make a difference!