CIRA Seeks Nomination Committee Candidates – The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA), registry for the .ca domain, has issued a call for new members for its Nomination Committee. The committee’s critical role is to identify and attract candidates for CIRA’s annual Board of Directors elections, to help to ensure that the Board is highly qualified and represents a wide range of views and interests. New committee members will join these current members: Ash Abhyankar, Malcolm Andrew, Gaston Gohou, and Susan M. Mitchell. Applications for consideration to become a member of the Nomination Committee are strongly encouraged and will be accepted until Friday, January 22.
Picks To Click
- Hasbro Inc. wins a dispute over hasbro.ca.
- Family Honda loses a dispute over familyhonda.ca
- Thu, Jan 21: last day for comments on ICANN draft 2010-2013 strategic plan
- Fri, Jan 22: last day for applications to be on CIRA’s Nomination Committee
- Tue, Jan 26: last day for comments on report on trademark protection in new gTLDs
- Wed, Jan 27: last day for comments on ICANN draft EOI model for new gTLDs
- Sun, Mar 7 – Fri, Mar 12: ICANN meetings in Nairobi, Kenya
- Fri, Apr 2: last day for applications to the ICANN Nominating Committee
- Sun, Jun 20 – Fri, Jun 25: ICANN meetings in Brussels, Belgium
- Thu, Jul 1: registry fee increases for .com/.net take effect