CIRA Seeks Board of Directors Applicants - The Nomination Committee of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is calling for qualified individuals to be put forward as possible candidates for this year's CIRA Board of Directors election. The Committee will select a slate of candidates from which the Members will elect three Directors this September. The deadline for applications is Thursday, June 26.
Picks To Click
- CIRA has announced the introduction of DNSSEC for the .CA domain. DNSSEC builds a "chain of trust" between users and the websites they wish to visit.
- Nominet, registry operator of the .UK domain, has announced that within 24 hours of becoming available, more than 50,000 second level .UK domain names have been registered.
- Norway's .NO domain will be available for registration to private individuals as of June 17.
- Neustar, registry operator of the .US domain, has announced the usTLD Rapid Suspension Procedure, which "will provide intellectual property rights holders a faster, more cost-effective mechanism to resolve clear-cut cases of trademark infringement within the usTLD". This mechanism has been introduced previously by ICANN for the new generic TLDs.
- Sun, Jun 22 - Thu, Jun 26: ICANN meetings in LondonSun, Jun 22 - Thu, Jun 26: ICANN meetings in London
Thu, Jun 12 - Thu, Jun 26: applications to CIRA's Nomination Committee solicited
Wed, Jul 30 - Wed, Aug 13: call for Member Nominees for CIRA Board election
Tue, Aug 26 - Tue, Sep 9: shows of support for Member Nominees for CIRA election
Wed, Sep 10 - Wed, Sep 17: online forum for CIRA Board of Directors election
Wed, Sep 17 - Wed, Sep 24: CIRA Board of Directors election