ICANN Puts Registrar On Notice - ICANN has posted a Feb. 21 letter to registrar Registerfly.com giving formal notice of several breaches in Registerfly's accredition agreement with ICANN. The letter provides information on the breaches, and additional comments have been posted to the ICANN Ombudsman's blog. ICANN may give notice of termination of the registrar's accreditation if the breaches are not cured within 15 working days.
- EURid, the .eu registry, has posted a draft registrar Code of Conduct for public comment on a new website. The optional Code is intended as an incentive for subscribing registrars to provide a high quality of service. The Code will come into effect on March 29.
- DotMobi, the registry operator for the .mobi domain, plans to auction these 15 .mobi names on March 7: airfare, areacodes, cam, casinos, creditscore, directions, eat, libre, loancalculator, models, newmusic, pics, pizza, realestate and singles. Prior to launching first come, first served registrations last year, dotMobi set aside a list of words and phrases to be sold by live auctions, online auctions, and Requests for Proposals.
ICANN Calls For Comments On .ORG Fee Amendment - An amendment to the .org Registry Agreement has been posted by ICANN for public comment until March 15. The amendment specifies changes, approved by the ICANN Board last November, to implement an excess delete fee of 5 cents per domain name when the number of names deleted by a registrar during the 5-day add-grace period is excessive.
Picks To Click
- The preliminary report of the February 12 meeting of the ICANN Board of Directors.
- The minutes of the January 30, 2007 meeting of the CIRA Board of Directors.
- Trailwest Online wins a dispute over trailpeak.ca.
- Registry operator Neustar loses a dispute over neu-star.com.
- Java creator James Gosling has been appointed to the .
- An with Vint Cerf.