Applications To CIRA’s Nomination Committee Close Soon – The CIRA Nomination Committee is seeking qualified individuals to apply to be candidates for this year’s CIRA Board of Directors election. Applications close this Thursday, June 6. The Committee will review applications and select a Nomination Committee Slate to be voted on in September by .CA Members. Three Nomination Committee seats are available.
New gTLD Initial Evaluations Continue – The weekly releases of Initial Evaluation results for New gTLD applications continue. To date, the number of applications passing Initial Evaluation has reached 514. Among those passing this week are .homedepot, .forsale, .fox, .nike, and .amex.
CENTR Publishes Report on the State of the Domain Name Industry – The Council of European National Top Level Domain Registries (CENTR) has published a statistics report on the state of the domain name industry. According to the report, during the past 6 months the market share of ccTLDs has risen from 42% to 44% of all domain registrations. The .TK (Tokelau) domain now has the largest number of registrations among all ccTLDs; the report notes that most .TK domains are free. Also, Canada’s .CA domain is the 14th largest ccTLD.
- Wed, May 8 – Thu, Jun 6: applications to CIRA’s Nomination Committee solicited
- Mon, Jul 1: .org, .net registry fees increase
- Sun, Jul 14 – Thu, Jul 18: ICANN meetings in Durban, South Africa.
- Mon, Jul 29 – Mon, Aug 12: call for Member Nominees for CIRA Board election
- Wed, Aug 21 – Wed, Sep 4: shows of support for Member Nominees for CIRA election
- Sun, Sep 1: .biz, .info registry fees increase
- Mon, Sep 9 – Mon, Sep 16: online forum for CIRA Board of Directors election
- Mon, Sep 16: CIRA Annual General Meeting in Montreal
- Mon, Sep 16 – Mon, Sep 23: CIRA Board of Directors election