VeriSign Celebrates 25 Years of .COM – VeriSign has marked the 25th anniversary of the .com domain. On March 15, 1985, symbolics.com was the first .com domain name to be registered.
Showusyour.ca Voting Under Way – Voting is under way until Friday, March 26 on video entries to CIRA’s showusyour.ca contest.
Canon To Apply For .CANON – Canon has announced that it will apply for the .canon top-level domain name under ICANN’s forthcoming new gTLD process. This has resulted in speculation about other corporations following suit.
Picks To Click
- Creditors of the holder of the sex.com domain have brought plans for auctioning the name to a halt.
- The agenda of the March 22 meeting of the CIRA Board of Directors has been posted.
- The first .org domain name, mitre.org, was registered in July, 1985.
- Mon, Mar 29 – last day for comments on two ICANN DNS security proposals
- Fri, Apr 2: last day for applications to the ICANN Nominating Committee
- Fri, Apr 2: last day for comments on Introduction of IDN ccTLDs interim paper
- Sun, Jun 20 – Fri, Jun 25: ICANN meetings in Brussels, Belgium
- Thu, Jul 1: registry fee increases for .com/.net take effect
- Tue, Sep 21: CIRA Annual General Meeting
- Wed, Sep 22 – Wed, Sep 29: CIRA Board of Directors election