Another Great Year at Webnames.ca in 2012
A message from our President:
Webnames.ca had another extremely productive year with key product launches and upgrades. We continue to live our core values to “amaze every customer with exceptional service”, maintaining an average under one minute response time in our contact centre.
We continue to be very active in our community and “make a positive difference” through sponsorships, serving on boards like the Canadian Internet Registration Authority, Small Business BC, Small Business Roundtable of BC and the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs as well as speaking at numerous events and mentoring startups and other entrepreneurs. I’m proud of all our achievements in 2012 and thank our highly dedicated and engaged team for all they do.
Most of all, I thank our valued clients for putting your trust in us and for your support. On behalf of everyone here at Webnames.ca we wish you a safe and happy holiday season and much success in 2013.
Here are some of these highlight at Webnames.ca in 2012.
-Cybele Negris, Webnames.ca President
New Products and Services
Web Hosting Upgrades
In August, we introduced new features and upgrades to our web hosting services.
One of the most exciting changes was the addition of Web Presence Builder to our Advantage plan (or higher). Web Presence Builder gives you the ability to quickly and easily create a website on your own with just a few easy clicks.
Secure Your Website for 80% less
In November, we introduced the launch of new Rapid SSL certificates for our hosting customers. For only $2 per month, Webnames.ca Web Hosting customers can now add security to their websites easily and at a great price. The Rapid SSL certificates cost up to 80% less than other SSL certificates and is easily accessible to our customers. [Learn More]
Multi-Domain Web Hosting
We also introduced multiple domain hosting on a single account. Web Hosting customers can now host multiple domains with a single Web Hosting Plan. This is a significant upgrade from the 1:1 hosting-domain ratio in the past and represents huge value for customers! [Learn More]
New FastTrack Web Design Pricing Options
In October, Webnames.ca revamped our pricing options for our Web Design program, FastTrack. FastTrack gives you a powerful website, built quickly that you can update on your own. Each website includes a free domain, web hosting, multiple premium business email accounts and ongoing monthly support to assist you with your content, add-ons, site updates and training. At $49.95 a month, launching your own website has never been easier or more affordable. [Learn More]
New gTLDs Coming Soon: Pre-register now
At various points throughout 2013 and 2014, hundreds to thousands of new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) will be made available for registration. This will be the largest domain landrush in the history of the Internet and the arrival of the new gTLDs will provide new opportunities for businesses and individuals. Webnames.ca has created a system where customers can pre-register for hundreds of the gTLD extensions. [Learn More]
IDNs coming soon!
On January 13, 2013, we will be offering the ability to register Internationalized Domain Names. All current .CA domain holders will be able to use characters that are outside the English alphabet. In Canada’s case, CIRA will be implementing the use of French characters such as é,
â, ù, ç and ÿ. Find out more about IDNs and how they can benefit you. [Learn More]
Cybele Negris, Webnames.ca President& Co-Founder Named One of Canada’s Most Powerful Women for 2012
On December 5th, Cybele Negris was honoured with a prestigious 2012 Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100™ Award. The award ceremony, hosted by the Women’s Executive Network (WXN), celebrates the accomplishments of Canada’s female leaders in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in Canada. [Learn More]
Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of .CA
May 14th marked a monumental day for Canadian presence on the internet when the .CA domain name celebrated its 25th anniversary. On this date twenty five years ago, Jon Postel of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) assigned the management of the .CA country code domain to Webnames.ca co-founder John Demco. [Learn More]
Here is a video of Webnames.ca co-founder, John Demco, talking about the significance of the .CA domain name’s 25th anniversary. Video: .CA Celebrates 25 Years
Two Million .CA Registrations
2012 was a big year for the .CA domain name. In May, we celebrated the 25th anniversary of .CA’s and on November 22, we celebrated the growth of the .CA domain to two million registrations. This is a significant milestone because it symbolizes Canadian identity on the Internet. From its humble beginnings to its current position as the 17th largest Internet domain, Webnames.ca has constantly supported the growth of the .CA domain. [Learn More]
- Webnames.ca would like to congratulate Emilia and Alex for both earning a 10 Year Service Award. We would like to thank both of them for their loyalty to the company and we look forward to continue working with them for many more years to come.
- Webnames.ca President Cybele Negris Named to the 14th Annual PROFIT W100 List. Cybele Negis and Webnames.ca are proud to be on the PROFIT W100 List for the 9th consecutive year!
- Better Business Bureau Torch Awards Finalist for the 2012 Marketplace Excellence Award. Webnames.ca was honoured to be recognized among other deserving companies who maintain a responsible and ethical stance in conducting business in the marketplace.
- Webnames.ca was nominated as one of Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Webnames.ca was proud to support the following organizations and events in 2012! Find out more about them:
- Startup Weekend Vancouver
- Freelance Camp
- 2012 New Grad Career Expo
- FP REACH 2012
- Impact 99 HR Summit 2012
- Merging+Media Conference
- Beyond Pink 2012
- Mom Inc. MOVEMENT Tradeshow
- SFU Entrepreneur of the Year Competition
- Women in Technology
- Vancouver Diamond Campus Lions Club
- UBC International Business Club
- New Ventures BC (BCIC)
- Vancouver Sun Kids Fund
- Global Game Jam
Our Management team sits on the boards of the following organizations:
- John Demco sits on the Board of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA).
- Cybele Negris is the Vice-Chair of the Board of the Small Business Roundtable of BC, Vice-Chair of the Board of Small Business BC and sits on the Board of the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs. Cybele Negris is also a contributor to Business in Vancouver and PROFIT magazine.
- Webnames.ca is also sponsoring the Vancouver Sun Kids Fund’s Adopt-a-School campaign. The program is aimed at raising funds and providing food, clothing and support for local children in need.
Read Cybele Negris’s articles:
PROFIT Magazine Articles
Business In Vancouver Magazine Articles
Finally, Webnames.ca is moving! Our new address will be: 330-333 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver.
Thank you to all of our customers and supporters in 2012! This has been an amazing 12th year for Webnames.ca and we could not have done it without you. We will continue to strive for excellence in all that we do and continue to live by our core values: “Amaze Every Customer with Exceptional Customer Service”, “Always Be Improving”, and “Make a Positive Difference”.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Webnames.ca!! We look forward to working with all of you in 2013!