On June 12, 2012, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) will be performing system maintenance to further improve our .CA registry system.
In order to successfully complete the maintenance there will be a 24 hour service outage from 9:00 a.m. EST on June 12 to 9:00 a.m. EST on June 13 (6:00 a.m. PST on June 12 to 6:00 a.m. PST on June 13). During this time, certain Registrant transactions will be impacted. Please note that if you have a .CA domain(s), it/they will continue to function normally throughout the service maintenance.
The following Registrant transactions will be impacted during the service maintenance:
- You will not be able to submit new .CA domain registrations.
- You will not be able to approve your CIRA Registrant Agreement.
- You will not be able to update or renew existing .CA domain names. (Webnames.ca will be giving all registrants a one day grace period to ensure there are no disruptions to service. In order to ensure you do not experience any disruptions, please renew your domain early!).
- Domain names in the Add Grace Period and the Redemption Grace Period scheduled to expire during the service outage will be extended by 24 hours.
- The To Be Released list will not be accessible.
- WHOIS will not be accessible.
- Full Registrant services will return at 9:00 a.m. EST on June 13, 2012 (6:00 a.m. PST on June 13, 2012).
For more information please visit: http://cira.ca/news/announcements/ca-registry-upgrade
Questions? Please contact Customer Support at 1-866-221-7878