As the sun shines brighter and the days grow longer, it can only mean one thing: SUMMER! It also means that Canada Day is just around the corner, and what better way to show you’re a Canadian online getting a .CA domain for your website? Whether you’re a business owner, blogger, hobbyist, or just another proud Canadian, a .CA domain name is the best way to tell the online world that you’re connected to Canada and its values.
Claim Your Canadian Identity on the Web with .CA
With our O Canada Summer Sale, you can register a new .CA domain for only CAD $4.99/ 1-year term. This is the perfect opportunity to establish your online presence with a distinctively Canadian touch. Let your website reflect your geography – especially because studies show that Canadian shoppers are 4x more likely to buy from Canadian businesses! After all, Canadians love to #supportlocal and #shopCanadian wherever we can.
Expand Your Global Reach and Recall with .COM
While embracing your Canadian identity is essential, it’s also important to think globally. With our O Canada deals, you can also register a .COM domain for USD $8.99 / 1-year term. Why limit yourself when you can take your business or personal brand to an international level? A .COM domain gives you the opportunity to reach a broader audience and opens doors to endless possibilities. Just set your .COM to forward to your .CA using website (a service we provide for free) and showcase your Canadian heritage proudly, while also making a mark on the global stage.
Safeguard Your Digital Presence
In today’s digital landscape, security is paramount. We understand the importance of protecting your online assets. Until July 4th, get a 25% off discount on all locks, like Registry, Registrar and Account Locks, and security tools, like Advanced Management Tools, Domain Name Monitoring and SSL Monitoring services. Keep your domain and website safe from cyber threats and ensure the privacy of your visitors with our robust security services. By taking advantage of this offer, you can fortify your online presence and establish trust with your audience, making it a win-win situation for both you and your visitors.
If you’re unsure about whether or not you need these security tools and/or services, be sure to check out our guide on proper domain management. In the meantime, here’s a quick overview of each one:
- Registry Lock: Protects your domain name from unauthorized changes at the registry level. It adds an extra layer of security to your domain by requiring manual verification for any requests to modify or transfer your domain.
- Registrar Lock: Prevents accidental or malicious transfers. It locks your domain name at the registrar level, meaning you need to unlock it before you can transfer it to another registrar. This helps you avoid losing your domain name due to phishing, fraud, or human error. (Note: The difference between Registry and Registrar is that a registry is the central authority responsible for managing and maintaining the database of domain names with a specific top-level domain (or gTLD), while a registrar is the organization or company that facilitates the registration and management of domain names on behalf of individuals or businesses. For example, CIRA is the registry responsible for all .CA domains, while Webnames.ca is a registrar authorized to facilitate the registration of those domains on your behalf.)
- Account Lock: Secure your Webnames.ca account from unauthorized access with Account Lock. It allows you to restrict access to your account, control of your domain portfolio and/or Webnames.ca services to a single IP address, multiple IP addresses or an approved IP address range.
- Domain Name Monitoring: Monitor your domain name and brand online with Domain Name Monitoring. It alerts you whenever a similar or identical domain name is registered, renewed, or deleted. This helps you detect and prevent cybersquatting, phishing, trademark infringement and other threats to your online reputation.
- SSL Monitoring: This service scans your website daily for any SSL certificate issues and alerts you if there are any problems. We send you automated emails alerts if there’s a status change in your certificate, outages due to expiry, on-demand scanning for SSL installation verification, and scheduled checks for common SSL errors.
- Advanced Management Toolkit: This suite of tools gives you more control and flexibility over your domain portfolio. It helps you register, renew, transfer, and protect your domain names with ease and efficiency. You can access advanced features such as DNS management, bulk actions, custom reports, and more!
Happy Canada Day!
You definitely don’t want to miss these deals! Hurry now because our O Canada Summer Sale won’t last long… This is the perfect opportunity to elevate your online presence while showcasing your Canadian pride. From low-priced domains, to discounted security features, this sale has something for everyone! Grab this opportunity and make a lasting impact. Sale ends July 4, 2023, at 11:59 pm PST. Happy shopping, eh?