McAfee Maps the Malicious Web – McAfee has published its annual assessment of malicious websites around the world. The report estimates the percentage of risky websites in a number of TLDs, based on safety assessments from McAfee’s SiteAdvisor web safety database. Overall, 4.1% of websites are rated as risky. The .com domain comes in at 5.26%, the most risky ccTLD is Hong Kong’s .hk domain at 19.2%, and China’s .cn domain is second at 11.8%. The report indicates that 0.64% of Canada’s .ca sites are risky. The least risky TLDs at 0.2% are .gov (US government) and .fi (Finland).
Report Issued on Request to Implement DNSSEC in .ORG – An ICANN panel has issued a report on Public Interest Registry (PIR)’s proposed implementation of DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) in the .org domain. The evaluation found that the proposed implementation of DNSSEC “does create a reasonable risk of a meaningful adverse effect on security and stability, which can be effectively mitigated by policies, decisions, and actions to which PIR either has expressly committed in its proposal or could reasonably be required to commit.” Comments on the report are being accepted until June 20.
Picks To Click
• Changes to the .ca WHOIS policy aimed at protecting the privacy of individual domain
name holders are scheduled to come into effect on Tuesday, June 10.
• JUMO GmbH loses a dispute over jumo.ca.
• Tue, Jun 10: implementation date for new WHOIS policy for .ca
• Sun, Jun 22 – Thu, Jun 26: ICANN meetings in Paris, France
• Wed, Jun 25: .uk online registrant transfer becomes available
• Mon, Jul 7: last day for comments on draft terminated ICANN registrar
• Thu, Jul 17: last day for comments on proposed IDN plan for .nz
• Wed, Sep 10: CIRA Annual General Meeting in Vancouver
• Thu, Sep 18 – Thu, Sep 25: voting period for CIRA Board of Directors election
• Wed, Oct 1: .com and .net registry fees increase
• Sat, Nov 1: .info registry fees increase
• Sun, Nov 2 – Fri, Nov 7: ICANN meetings in Cairo, Egypt
• Sun, Nov 9: .org registry fees increase
Read more on Domain Name News – June 9, 2008…