I had the unfortunate experience of spilling an entire cup of tea into my keyboard last Monday morning. This may be as much a testimonial to Dell that I am writing this email on the same keyboard today, but here is my recipe for keyboard recovery in the event of a spill:
1) Unplug the keyboard immediately.
2) Go to the kitchen sink and drain off as much liquid (tea in my case) as you can.
3) Rinse the entire keyboard under the sink for 10-15 seconds – drain and repeat.
4) Put the keyboard in the dishwasher on the dry cycle – (repeat twice).
5) Open the back of the keyboard (I removed 15 screws) and let sit for approximately four days.
6) Replace the back of the keyboard and as many screws as you can (was left with 6 screws for some reason).
7) Plug keyboard back in.